Memorial Day Celebrations 2019
Celebrate Memorial Day this year at a parade near you! Here's what is happening in Essex County and surrounding areas for Memorial Day weekend.
Saturday, May 25
- Millburn: The American Legion Post 140 and the Township of Millburn invite you to join in for this year's Memorial Day Parade, in honoring and celebrating those who have served our country. The parade will kick off at Millburn High School at 10am and make its way down Millburn Avenue, culminating at Taylor Park. There, Memorial Day ceremonies will commence at 11am, ending with refreshments and entertainment.
Monday, May 27
- Berkeley Heights: The Parade will begin at the rescue squad, travel down Snyder Avenue to Springfield Avenue, onward to Plainfield Avenue and will finish with a Memorial Day ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park. Kickoff is 9:30am.
- Bloomfield: The Township of Bloomfield’s Annual Memorial Day Parade will kick off at 9:30am on Broad Street. The parade will include past and present veterans, community organizations, sports teams, classic cars and other vehicles, and marching bands. The Grand Marshal will be Thomas Stivale, WWII Army Veteran. Following the parade, Guest Speaker Marine Colonel John Armellino – Bloomfield High School ‘86, will give a speech.
- Cedar Grove: The Cedar Grove Memorial Day Parade begins at Cedar Grove High School and will take place from 12pm to 1pm.
- Fairfield: Beginning at 10am, the parade and ceremony will honor our Military Reserves & National Guard and feature keynote speaker Fairfield Resident, Lt. Col. Thomas Armas. The parade will run East from South Pine Creek Road along the Post Road to the Library, then South along Old Post Road to Flint’s Corner, and then East along Old Post Road passing the Town Green and continuing beyond South Benson Road.
- Livingston: Remembrance Ceremony begins at 9:30 am, followed by the annual Memorial Day Parade at 10am. The parade begins at Memorial Oval, proceeds down Livingston Avenue and ends at Congressional Parkway. Join your friends and neighbors at Memorial Oval across from Town Hall to honor and commemorate the American spirit and the sacrifices of the men and women who serve our country through military service.
- Verona: The Verona Memorial Day parade will beginning at 10am at Everett Field on Bloomfield Avenue and conclude at the Civic Square. A brief ceremony will be held immediately following the parade on the steps of Town Hall.
- West Caldwell: Step off for West Caldwell's Memorial Day Parade is 9:30am at Forest Avenue.